Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blooming Friday Full Moon Floral Magic





















































There are so many lovely sunsets, where the fleeing sun lights up the valley nestled below the Mount Holyoke Range and Mount Tom. I do not often capture them however, as with these first photos. To have the vibrant sky give way to a full moonrise is an added bonus... for the end of the day and beginning of night. You will find me the next day in my little gallery/painting studio admiring flowers from the weekend bridal show. All of the flowers are locally grown... if not from my own gardens. The bright purple Lisianthus, Asiatic lilies, Agapanthus and strawberries all come from local greenhouses. I am happy to be able to show brides all the local color and variety they can have in Early November... of course they can add their dream flowers to any selection. I love to make wild wispy arrangements such as these. Though I do not think the pitcher is quite the right vessel. The smaller bouquet is a bridal bouquet.  I always hand the bride's bouquet to the bride and wish her happiness ... many have shared that the beauty of their flowers and herbs helped them remain calm and centered while walking down the aisle. My glass palette is reflecting the colors of the flowers, grasses and leaves.


It is Blooming Friday ... the first of November ... to see more blooms from around the globe visit Katarina at Roses and Stuff. Enjoy the weekend. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails